09 July 2012

Concord Point Lighthouse.

Authorized by the Federal Government for construction in 1825, 
sits at the mouth of the Susquehanna River


I have a secret obsession with Lighthouses. I am not sure why but ever since I was a little girl, I promised myself I would make an effort to get out in the world and visit every lighthouse known to man. Sooo, that hasn't happened to date! Crazy thing is, I've come across a couple in my travels but of course I didn't have my camera. So when my dad talked up visiting the Concord Point Lighthouse on a lovely Sunday after church,  I totally was up for the trip. 

As you can imagine the view was breath taking and conversation with the lighthouse keeper was delightful. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take my son to the top of the lighthouse. He fit the height restriction but as we starting climbing the somewhat narrow spiral stairwell we both looked at each other and kind of decided that him coming back down the spiral stairwell wouldn't go over well! Honestly, I was glad he opted out. 

While there we also walked around the site and along the pedestrian path onto the pier and chatted with a few folks that were fishing - they were delighted to show us the fish that they caught. To say the least...it was the perfect day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment!