20 June 2012

Movies, Music...the 80's.

Let's just start off with...I LOVED THE 80's!
The movies, the music, and all the other good stuff that came along with it.

When I first started writing this post I wanted to confess the one song that I absolutely liked loved from the 80's that most of my friends probably hated and would be considered shameful. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with one 80's song! The only song I came up with that I absolutely loved that would shame me is Mark Morrison's, "Return of the Mack." Well that song was actually released in the 90's...1996 to be exact. So there goes my 80's hall of shame music confession idea.

Keeping in the spirit of the 80's, I began to think of 80's movies that I enjoyed that had either good songs, a good soundtrack, or is note worthy in the form of "I still groove to it." Well, this took way more time than I thought it would and it was pretty hard to do. Here's a stab at my attempt of a list. I narrowed the list down to 9 movies/songs (video links included) in no particular order - of course!


(Movie Covers Source: IMDb)


Flashdance (1983)
Irene Cara
--
Purple Rain (1984)
Prince
"When Dove’s Cry"
--
The Karate Kid (1984)
Bananarama
--
Ghostbusters (1984)
Ray Parker, Jr.
--
Breakfast Club (1985)
Simple Minds
--
Krush Groove (1985)
Krush Groove All Stars
--
Stand By Me (1986)
Ben E. King
--

Dirty Dancing (1987)
Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
--
Colors (1988)
Ice-T


++++++++
What are your favorites? What would you add to this list or remove?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment!